Author Topic: Starter base ideas.  (Read 2257 times)

Civil-.

Starter base ideas.
« on: April 25, 2019, 04:24:22 pm »
I haven't got much time to put into my actual "starter base" so far. This means it is open be whatever I want it to be. Currently my "base" is a 4x10 room underground, that is connected to my double spiderspawner farm. I really want to start doing some proper interior, but cannot decide what designs to go for. Any ideas?

Cheers, Civil.

OldmanLP85

Re: Starter base ideas.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:20:03 am »
My suggestion is to find a build palette.
Choose one block that is like your signature block, something not normally used. And start with that.
Then decide on the secondary blocks. These would be the rest of the main building. Like stone or wood etc.
From there, the world is open to you.
Hopefully by choosing a main accent/signature block, this will give you a theme to work from.

Another option would be to thing of your favourite movie and go from there. Be it sci-fi, westerns, futuristic, modern, real life etc. this might help you think of a theme to work along,

Then jump in creative and play with patterns and shapes.

I could just say build an underground sewer system of a post-modern warfare/apocalypse city, but that won’t help you in the future. It’s always best to be inspired and build something you’re passionate about.

So go ahead and find that something. And, please post picture updates here as you progress along. I’d love to see what you come up with.

Civil-.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 12:36:03 pm »
My suggestion is to find a build palette.
Choose one block that is like your signature block, something not normally used. And start with that.
Then decide on the secondary blocks. These would be the rest of the main building. Like stone or wood etc.
From there, the world is open to you.
Hopefully by choosing a main accent/signature block, this will give you a theme to work from.

Another option would be to thing of your favourite movie and go from there. Be it sci-fi, westerns, futuristic, modern, real life etc. this might help you think of a theme to work along,

Then jump in creative and play with patterns and shapes.

I could just say build an underground sewer system of a post-modern warfare/apocalypse city, but that won’t help you in the future. It’s always best to be inspired and build something you’re passionate about.

So go ahead and find that something. And, please post picture updates here as you progress along. I’d love to see what you come up with.

This actually contains some really useful ideas! Even though you said you *could* say a underground sewer system, I find this idea really really cool. I have ideas formulating right now. I'll keep this sub updated with pictures as I continue to play.

Civil-.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 12:38:21 am »
So I've ended up with this theme idea. Needs mossy and broken bricks tho.

OldmanLP85

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 12:54:29 am »
Sweet. That’s going to look really good. Don’t forget iron bars to create grates etc for the branching off sewers etc.

gamerluuk

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 11:59:11 am »
Looks nice

MattLong936

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 06:57:00 am »
It is pretty nice for a starter base but honestly I prefer a more futuristic theme. I can help you if you like.