Author Topic: Is Minecraft Dead?  (Read 2667 times)

ahurka

Is Minecraft Dead?
« on: April 20, 2019, 01:25:28 am »
Personally, I don't think it is. I mean, it is the most bought modern game to this day. If you ask someone what Minecraft is, they will know because on time or another, they have seen or played it. So is it really dead? No. If you look on servers like MinePlaza and Hypixel, there are still thousands of people on there. My theory is that Minecraft is perceived as a "nerdy" and geeky game and is associated with little kids. But me, being a 13 year old, I still love it. I don't understand whats not to love about it. Theres Pvp, Survival, Creative, and Mods for those who want more. You can literally play any game you want using Mods. Personally, I think that Minecraft is becoming less popular, but it is far from dead. I just think that it needs one big surprise to bring people back. I love this game and I'm telling you, don't listen to anyone who says that this game is dead, because millions of people will tell you, It is far from.

MattLong936

Re: Is Minecraft Dead?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 05:55:09 am »
Agreed. Completely.

irish king

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:16:20 am »
I agreed with too
I'm 50 years of age and still love to play the game cant play all the mods.

gamerluuk

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 05:44:11 pm »
Minecraft is not dead yet! Not even in a coma or even asleep, haha!

MattLong936

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 05:10:35 am »
True

Civil-.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 04:31:48 pm »
I really don't think so. I can understand how people think that it is dying, but it's simply because they outgrow it. And when people outgrow the game, it leaves places for younger generations to replace them. Many view the game as toxic and full of annoying children now. But that doesn't take away from the 91 million players monthly, and what the game still means to those who have stuck around.

kfr291

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:42:44 am »
there was video done on this that was interesting to watch, it had to do with the idea that minecraft is switching over to something different now. For instance, a lot of Java based game play is on a downward trend while bedrock is growing in popularity. I will say personally that single player minecraft would be dead if not for the idea that you can use creative and do test builds in there. Otherwise, finding a nice server to play on really brings out the best in the game. I think the original poster is right, that people have this idea in their mind that Minecraft is a kids game, but they haven't played it to know really. The freedom it offers to just play games or be technical is unmatched by any other game i think.

MattLong936

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 07:17:18 am »
Well I guess it has its ups and downs but I think the fact that most of us has stuck around as its popularity rose and decreased. One good thing about Minecraft is its variety. When I play Minecraft sometimes I go into these phases which I go through which are minigames, SMP, factions and others! Maybe sometimes I take a break from Minecraft but I always seem to go back to it. That is the beauty of Minecraft you can just play regularly, you can build, you can redstone and you can just fight monsters and other players. So far, Minecraft has been the 1 one PC game for me.