You are Here:
What is a Forum and how do I use it?

Author (Read 1922 times)

What is a Forum and how do I use it?
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »

IvanDogovich

IvanDogovich Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:39 am What is a Forum?

Dogcraft.net is a Forum site. We have other things too, like Chat and Games, but primarily we are a Forum site.  The site is divided into a number of Forums, which have Topics (also called "Threads") and message posts in them.
Click on "FORUM" at the top of the screen to see how the Forums are laid out.  Users create topics in these forums and others can reply to them.  Its like an ongoing conversation by the community.  :cheese:

How do I use the Forum?
The basics:

How do I post a reply in a forum?

• To post a reply in a forum, click the "Reply" button at the top or bottom of the thread. You need to register before you can post a message.
How do I create a new topic in a forum?
  • To post a new topic in a forum, click the "New Topic" button on either the forum or topic screens. You need to register before you can post a message.

How do I edit or delete a post?

• Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the word "Modify"for the relevant post. You will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
Hope this is helpful.  Feel free to private message me with more questions or suggestions. ;)

Cheers, Ivan
 :mrgreen:

How to use the forum.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:20 AM »

MasterMind

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 142,333
  • [View Inventory]
  • Minecraft texturer, a nobody!
    • View Profile
    To use the forum first you gotta be a writer  :P but really you can either be a person who reply's or a person who starts topics.

In order to start a topic go to the right forum to post the appropriate topic in you will then click new topic, top or bottom of the page, the you will then write the subject you will then write about your topic.

if you want to bold your font click the "Bold" button you will see this Bold , inside of that you write what you want to be bolded if you want "Italicized" you click that button you will see this Italicized , and the same with the bold, you write the Italicized text you want to be Italicized youw will do the same with "Underline" (Underline), and "Strickthrough" (Strickthrough).

You can insert a YouTube video, or and image you click the YouTube button you will see YouTube 2 times inside of [] , the image will look like this  all you need to put in that thing is the video "URL" for the image you copy and paste the "direct URL", and of course there are more button"s but its all a repeat just copy and paste, and are easy to learn.

New Poll, what is a poll? A poll is a question with a number of given option's to chose from, and has a limited time to vote.

To start a poll you press the "New Poll" button, you will be brought with a series of fill ins to fill in, first is the subject/question, then you will see a space saying "Question", fill that space in with your poll question, then there will be 5 blacks saying "Option 123 etc." that's where the possible answers will be placed, and if yo have more than one option hit (Add Option).

Once your done that it says Poll options then you have to pick the max votes per person/cyberdog, preferably 1, then you have to pick a limited time (days) or leave black for no limit, it will then say Allow users to change vote (your pick), then results viability chose from one of these, Show the poll's results to anyone.
 Only show the results after someone has voted.
 Only show the results after the poll has expired. you will be left with the same thing you get in a new topic this is optional.

then you got a button saying "Notify" hit that it you want to get notified for every new topic, poll, then you finally got a button saying "Marked read" all this basically dose is to show you have read the topics/topic.

If this helped with any of your forum problems, well let the community know, that this post/topic help you with your forum skills, If you want Info on any of those extra buttons contact me or a Mod/Moderator for that info.

Your,
Mastermind  ;D