From Dogcraft Wiki
(Redirected from Heads Guide)
This guide gives more information about Mob Heads that can be acquired on the Dogcraft server. Mob Heads drop from killing mobs on Dogcraft, at a percentage chance. This chance is not increased by using the Looting enchantment. A distinction will be made primarily between Mob Heads, Event Heads and Staff Heads. All heads are part of a custom plugin written for Dogcraft by Ironboundred, helped by marbou9. Mob Heads are often hunted down to build up a collection, but they're also often used decoratively in builds.
The below table lists all heads that can drop from certain mobs, the rate at which they drop and a link to the source of the head on www.minecraft-heads.com, which was used to generate the skins of the heads.
Points to note:
- As of the update to 1.14.4, mobs drop heads specifically to their mob type (e.g. magenta sheep only drops a magenta sheep head).
- When multiple heads can drop from the same type of mob (e.g. pig), the plugin randomly chooses one of them.
- All information in this table is accurate as of the 1.14.4 update on Dogcraft.
- Not listed in the table are the vanilla mob heads: Creeper, Ender Dragon, Skeleton, Wither Skeleton and Zombie.
- Zombie Villager heads should drop for all Villager professions similarly to Villagers, but at the time of writing this is bugged, and all zombie villagers drop the same head.
The following table lists heads that were acquirable through participation in Dogcraft Events, as well as purchases at Seasonal Merchants in Spawn. It only lists heads that anyone was able to get for the duration of that event (e.g. Build Battle or SNL heads are not documented here). The table is sorted in chronological order.
|Santa||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/humans/1594-santa-claus|
|Reindeer||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/animals/2455-reindeer|
|Reindeer (Rudolph)||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/humanoid/2910-rudolf-the-red-nose-reindeer|
|Mistletoe||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/24201-mistletoe|
|Gift (Red)||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/127-present-red|
|Gift (Green)||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/133-present-green|
|Gift (Blue)||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/128-present-blue|
|Santa||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Elf||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Christmas Tree||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Gingerbread Man||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Reindeer||Christmas 2018||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Chrismas Pudding||Christmas 2018||Event Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/food%20&%20drinks/23075-christmas-pudding|
|Grinch||Christmas 2018||Event Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/humanoid/13291-grinch|
|Heart||Valentine's Day 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/miscellaneous/3746-heart|
|Valentine Cake||Valentine's Day 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/food%20&%20drinks/3747-valentine-heart-cake|
|Valentine Bear||Valentine's Day 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/4326-valentine-bear|
|Rose||Valentine's Day 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/plants/3761-rose|
|Leprechaun||St. Patrick's Day 2019||Spawn Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/humans/13737-irish-dwarf|
|Egg (Green)||Easter 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/decoration/720-easter-egg-green|
|Egg (Red)||Easter 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/decoration/724-easter-egg-red|
|Egg (Purple)||Easter 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/decoration/715-easter-egg-purple|
|Egg (Yellow)||Easter 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/decoration/717-easter-egg-yellow|
|Easter Rabbit||Easter 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/animals/25763-rabbit|
|Baby Chick||Easter 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/animals/4267-chick|
|Easter Basket||Easter 2019||Event Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom-heads/decoration/726-easter-basket|
|Rubiks Cube||New Events Team||Spawn Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/754-scrambled-rubik-s-cube|
|Globe||Survival 3 One-Year Anniversary||Worldwide
|Pumpkin||Halloween 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/plants/18-pumpkin|
|Carved Pumpkin||Halloween 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/plants/17-carved-pumpkin|
|Gravestone||Halloween 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/23513-tombstone|
|Jack Skellington||Halloween 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/humanoid/23400-jack-skellington|
|Horror Clown||Halloween 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/humans/25976-clown|
|Trick-Or-Treat Basket||Halloween 2019||Event Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/23671-trick-or-treat-basket-orange-creeper-face|
|Christmas 2019||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Christmas 2019||Head Merchant||Custom made by hired artist, no link available|
|Snow Globe||Christmas 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/2099-snowglobe|
|Snow Man||Christmas 2019||Head Merchant||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/2931-snowman|
|Gingerbread Head||Christmas 2019||Event Head Hunt||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/humanoid/3294-gingerbread-man|
|Book||2019 Reflections Wiki Event||Meaningful Contribution to this Wiki||https://minecraft-heads.com/custom/decoration/20743-books|
This section is about Staff Heads that can drop from the wolf mob on Dogcraft. The color of the wolf's collar affects what Staff Head might drop. Because the plugin uses the UUID system to drop heads, a different head will drop if a Staff Member changes their skin, resulting in many available heads on the server, in the past and in the future. For that reason they will not all be listed here individually. The droprate for all Staff Heads from wolves is 5%. Like with Mob Heads, if multiple heads could drop from the same mob type, the plugin picks one at random. The below table details what drops from what color of collar.
|None (Wild Wolf)||Moderator|
NPC Heads are no longer obtainable and are considered a legacy of the Survival 1 and Survival 2 worlds. For the duration of those worlds, NPCs were purchasable through the Dogcraft.net webshop. Available NPCs were those of the Hermits (250,000 DCD) and Headmods/Admins of Dogcraft (100,000 DCD). Players were able to place one of these anywhere in the world after purchase. Another available purchase was the Golden NPC (100,000 DCD), which allowed NPC owners to place up to 10 at the same time.
However, the plugin was considered to be very straining on the server, and when the plugin did not update to 1.13.2 in a timely manner, the decision to remove NPCs from Dogcraft was an easy one as a new world started. It must however be noted that, before Mojang updated their EULA several years ago, it was possible to purchase DCD for real life money, and as such some older players had spent real life money on NPCs. To compensate players that spent a lot of DCD on NPCs, the decision was made to grant one head of each purchased NPC to the players that owned them, and 10 of each purchased NPC to players that had also bought the Golden NPC. This is how the heads of former Headmods/Admins, as well as most Hermits, made their way into Survival 3 and the collections of the most avid head collectors. Of course, NPCs of popular Hermits like Iskall85 or Xisumavoid were more commonly purchased than heads of smaller Hermits like Biffa2002 or ZedaphPlays, causing a difference in value between individual heads. On average, NPC Heads are valued at roughly 100,000 to 200,000 DCD.
As mentioned in Event Heads, there are some heads that were given out to players as prizes for events. However, as there's usually only 1 or 2 copies of those heads in existence, most head collectors don't bother with them. Examples of such head prizes are winners of Build Battles or (Saturday) Nitro Live.
- Survival 1 and 2 featured some heads that were based on player names outside Dogcraft, sometimes unintentionally causing a change in the heads, such as the polar bear head getting a Christmas hat.
- The largest collection of Mob Heads on Survival 3 is in hands of RY44, followed by the collection of marbou9 and Mr_Quasi, Cookies58_ in third place.
- For Christmas 2018, Rendog hired an artist from www.minecraft-heads.com to design five custom Christmas heads for Dogcraft. These were brought out with the Seasonal Merchant, and feature a red "RD" on the bottom. Two of these heads were available once more through the Seasonal Merchant for Christmas 2019.
- Before the 1.14.4 update, Staff Heads were not as widespread as they are now. Only the heads of Headmods and Admins were available, at a 1% droprate from the Wither and Ender Dragon respectively. For only the first few days of Survival 3, the Wither dropped the head of former Headmod Ectobeast, who stepped down at the start of that world.
- The Events HQ in Survival 3 Spawn was based off the Event Head given out to celebrate the formation of the new Events Team. If you look at the building and the head closely, you'll notice that the colors match exactly.
- Hermitcraft Youtuber GoodTimeWithScar was not available as NPC on the webshop, because the plugin wasn't designed to handle names of that length.
- The Illusioner, Zombie Horse and Killer Bunny mobs are all Minecraft mobs, but none of them can be found in Survival Mode. However, the plugin has been prepared with the appropriate head drops, should they ever make their way into the survival game. The Zombie Horse head was also a prize for completing the extremely difficult bonus level of the parkour in the Halloween Event 2019.