Author Topic: End of an era  (Read 2540 times)

jjminedogs

End of an era
« on: October 15, 2018, 03:32:23 am »
I would like to start by saying that I have played on this server since it was first opened to the public, I guess it has been close to five years now. I have enjoyed making MC friends and the amazing staff that has worked on this server. I know that the 1.13 update is important to a lot of people and I understand the difficulties involved in running two different versions of Minecraft on the same server. I also understand that this decision was not made lightly by Ren and the Admins. With all of that said, I’m still very disappointed to see both Survival 1 and Survival 2 wiped. I have literally spent 100’s of hours building on this server. Most of the building I have done on Survival 1 was with the help of my two sons (they have moved on to more “fun” games now). I was a VIP in the beginning, then I became a Patreon. A lot of my DCD’s were purchased with real money so I kind of feel cheated a bit by loosing it all. I was on earlier today and purchased 2 million claim blocks and gave away 1 million, but I still have over 5 million that I will lose. Once again, I want to thank Ren and the Admins for having such a great server for us to play on. Sorry if I have been rambling, I’m just a bit sad to see it all go.
jj

Quasi_1987

Re: End of an era
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:31:35 pm »
You are free to share your opinion and it's indeed sad to see the worlds go with all that was going on. One of the big downsides of servers, the resets.
The reason for the new world I agree with and fully understand in terms of Minecraft changing in terrain generation and underlying code and the technical difficulties coming along for the server, but how it was communicated is something that can't be blamed on Mojang or technical problems at al, it was poorly even behind the scenes.

I hope to see you back on Survival 3, I was a neighbor of you in Sur2 :)

leetzilla

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:25:19 pm »
I hear you JJ,

I'm not sure if you saw it on the announcements discord but the mods have white listed World Downloader so you can capture your builds before they go away.
https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2520465-1-12-2-1-11-2-1-10-2-1-8-9-world-downloader-mod

Hope this helps ease the pain

jjminedogs

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 02:14:10 am »
Thanks leetzilla. I downloaded both my main bases as soon as I could figure out how to use the mod correctly. Takes a bit of time but I think I got good copies that I can add to my server.