Author Topic: Mall Price Guide  (Read 2874 times)

RY44

Mall Price Guide
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:24:46 am »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HTvGlEXpeK_UVVioPCzbFwkzO_Nyc7hk9Dvrfn53fWo/edit?usp=sharing

here is the link to  what is the guide to the mall on Sur2 we aim to list the average pricing for all the items in the mall. The guide is open to all to contribute and edit  and if you leave your username at the bottof of the sheet and have contributed there may be a small reward :)

Thanks RY44

Arkhangellsk

Re: Mall Price Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 09:48:37 pm »
This is great! It'll save a lot of people asking how much they should put things up for.  I kinda wish items had a set minimum price similar to how Elytras are at a fixed price.

Derealyst

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 01:14:29 am »
Good idea.
The numerous variations of enchanted stuff is missing though but I understand that that could be its own spreadsheet because of the sheer number.

ebi_furya

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 04:50:56 pm »
I do IT work for a living and kinda enjoy working with spreadsheets and data/databases. The thought of doing something like this has crossed my mind before, but I knew it would be a daunting challenge. However, now that you've done a good chunk of the legwork and gotten the item names listed out nicely, would you be opposed to me making some adjustments to the spreadsheet and filling it in as time allows? I have a feeling if we leave it up to whomever wants to that it won't really get done. I'd pick a district and go shop to shop to fill it out which brings me to this...

Admins: I'm also fluent with SQL and working with MariaDB Databases and, since the shopping plugin (I believe) stores its information in a database, could probably write the code to lookup the information through a web interface which would be always up-to-date. Just saying. :D

EfficientDesign

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 03:59:48 pm »
I also think that this is a great idea. I added a query sheet for easier searching

ValkyrieWings

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 02:36:38 am »
I also work in IT. Let me know if you need any help with a database and SQL.

AlexXxander

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 05:40:23 am »
I've been working in the I.T. field for what seems like forever.  I really admire people who can pick up some info and put it in tables and create something from nothing in a database.  I am just used to using of the shelf packages to do those things... ;) ;) ;)