Author Topic: Rooms and Stuffs  (Read 4136 times)

legowar1508

Rooms and Stuffs
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:47 pm »
So I am currently building a giant fortress. (cuz why not) but I have an issue. I have a need for every room in my base to have a use =P so yea... what rooms do people have in their bases?

xclickitx

Re: Rooms and Stuffs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:27:46 pm »
Enchanting room is a must, Auto smelter is another room that's needed as ores build up. Bulk storage, as well as item sorting helps save time.

Then regular and micro / auto farms to help with trading and fireworks. Wheat / Pumpkin / Melon / for example.

I hope that gives a good start.

legowar1508

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:30:02 pm »
It's a start! It will be like a 25 room castle though =P

xclickitx

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 06:49:31 pm »
Sounds like a great build.

legowar1508

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 07:02:40 pm »
gonna start a forum post tonight charting progress =P

xclickitx

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 07:08:22 pm »
gonna start a forum post tonight charting progress =P

On the note of charting progress, another room could include a map of your area with a 'before' and 'after' map. So you can see your progress over time.

AtollaBell

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 07:50:00 pm »
You can always have a map room and a trophy (mob head) room.

I think lore-building rooms are always cool - for instance, I like big kitchens, so I do kitchens, and I also like pirates and bounty so I’m making a port with trade and pirates.

legowar1508

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 08:08:17 pm »
well this is like a 100x100 block building =P needs many rooms because going to be at least 5 floors in some parts =P

gamerluuk

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 07:19:35 pm »
Build a room with signs listing all your deaths.

Bshardi

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 04:14:45 pm »
So far i like everyone's suggestions. I may borrow some myself. Some rooms that I have made or would suggest..

• Potion & Brewing Room (Wine cellar)
  • Storage rooms (Can have themed rooms, stone, wood, farms, mobs, etc.)
  • I have crafting rooms. Is a room with lots of storage chests but not my main storage area.
  • You could create Biome rooms were each is like walking into one of the Minecraft Biomes.
  • Bed room (this one is obvious, but is your main spawning area or /home location)
  • Stables - not really a room but could be on a lower floor.
  • Transportation hub - where all your rails come in
  • Portal room - themed around the nether.
  • Bath room - just kidding, never built one but maybe I should?

Well that is some that i can think of. Have fun.

gocleau

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 05:57:14 pm »
Do you enjoy doing automatic farms or any kind of redstone machines?  A lot of them end up taking up a ton of room, and there is a lot of practical utility to a lot of them.  I also think it is a whole lot of fun, to make them look nice after I've built them.

Have you considered an atrium (could double as a small farm/tree farm and still look good), a music room with a working grand piano (cubfan has a design), a swimming pool (that could also put items into a storage/sorting facility), rooms just to look at the sunset and sunrise, and/or rooms to take up fortifications from (with keyhole windows)? And I would also add some sort of super-smelting facility, which could take the shape of a kitchen, or even a more modern workshop.

Of course a major part of designing a base is how it looks, not just practicality, and to that end I would also add a few small but similar garden rooms, and maybe a room where I could put tokens from the memorable things you do on the server, and of course a giant entry just to wow any visitors.

I'm about to build a castle, and I also intend to fill it with rooms, and I would also like to make every room practical, but it also has to be interesting to look at in every room, or I will quickly loose interest and probably won't finish, lol.

One final thought... maybe if there is a spawner near by, or if you feel like making a mob farm you could have them all come out to one spot and walk up towards the outer/fortified wall of your base so that you could spend all night fighting waves of mobs for items.  I bet you could even give them fall damage before they come out to make it easier.

Hope these help ^^