Author Topic: Passive Mobs not breeding  (Read 2992 times)

matthewphillips82

Passive Mobs not breeding
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:08:44 pm »
Was feeding Cows and Sheep wheat, they would enter love mode and not breed.  Anyone else encountered this?  I am on Sur2, even had MODS in on the show to no avail

AtollaBell

Re: Passive Mobs not breeding
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:46:28 pm »
Okay, so there’s a little bit more information needed on this. Do you have them in pens or in breeding machines? We’re there a lot of other people on? How is your ping? How many animals did you already have, and is your area crowded with passive mobs?

Right now it could be any number of things. Mob spawning slows down a LOT if there are a lot of people on. If your internet is slow or you’re having rubber banding issues, things can go wonky when interacting with them. There are passive mob caps for areas.

If you can provide more information, then the more able we are to help you pin down the cause of your issue.

Brianetta

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:25:37 am »
Breeding animals by hand isn't affected by the number of players online, or the mob spawn cap.

GriefPrevention (the plugin we use for handling claims) affects animal breeding. You need ContainerTrust or full trust to be able to breed animals that are on a claim that you do not own. Are the animals in question on claimed land?

matthewphillips82

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 03:52:29 pm »
Mobs were near my claim, and I was able break blocks around the mobs so they weren’t in claimed land.

It’s no bother now however, I have moved on, found diff passives en route to my new location and currently have no issues breeding

Thanks to everyone who showed interest or an effort to help me correct this issue

MasKingFear

xclickitx

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 06:02:28 pm »
I experienced this with cows yesterday for a bit. They had the heart animation, but just walked around and didn't make the babies.

I just had to try again after a bit of time, or breed them slower and it seemed to work just fine.

I was also in survival 2.