Author Topic: Creeper Farm Struggles  (Read 6242 times)

enderman107

Creeper Farm Struggles
« on: October 17, 2017, 04:31:30 am »
So, earlier this month i constructed a creeper farm using the cat and carpets method. (using a cat in the middle of a chamber with carpets placed so that there are no 3x3 spaces in the room) This farm uses a darkroom, however I haven't gotten a single creeper out of it! I double and triple checked, there is no problems i can see, and yes, all the caves around it are lit up (it's at y 16) but still nothing spawns. Would love some advice.

Joschija

Re: Creeper Farm Struggles
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:00 am »
Di you check if there are creeper spawning or did you just wait at the dropzone? Maybe the creepers are stuck between the trapdoor above and the carpet below?

enderman107

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:49:02 am »
nope i checked the spawning chamber, there are absolutly no spawns happening at all. it has me stumped.

Gawin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:07 pm »
I used that same design it spawned a whopping 2 creepers in a little over 2 weeks. Just something the server does not like with that design. I suggest switching over to a different design.

Joschija

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 12:42:48 am »
Maybe because of the cats? can you take them out and see what happens? are they named?

jjminedogs

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »
Dark room type spawners have never worked very well on this server. I assume it has something to do with the mob cap. My creeper farm on survival 1 was also a total bust.

ScaryMJDiamcreep

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 05:15:18 pm »
perhaps it might be proximity to other people. the further away from spawn you go, the less the server has to limit because there isn't as much stuff, possibly. not sure if that's how the server works or not. just know that really far from spawn, villagers movement gets a bit buggy.

Joschija

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:44 am »
My darkroom spawner works great. Welcome to check it out.

_edo

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 02:42:29 am »
I've just build a creeper farm in survival2 based on the same concept (trapdoors/cats/carpets). I used Cubfan's design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc7RBWy5xRY

I've made it with 8 stacked platforms so far. each platform 13x13 blocks with a cat in the middle. Lowest platform being at Y:12. The profits so far are pretty limited. One stack of gunpowder in something like 2 hours.
But, at least that's some* profit.

I've also seen xisumavoid's video on his creeper farm design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbPTcROwyoE. It suggests building the platforms all below Y:15 for an increased spawn rate of creepers.

Let's compare our farms in-game when we're online. Mine is in Havana.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:45:29 am by _edo »

firsty.blocker

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 02:20:01 am »
Dark room type spawners have never worked very well on this server. I assume it has something to do with the mob cap. My creeper farm on survival 1 was also a total bust.

My general dark room spawner was a fail too. It was supposed to be Mumbo's at least 1 mob per second (simplified, don't quote me), but mob spawning might be different, because it's more like 2 mobs per MINUTE for me.

jan-erik.hansen

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 01:09:29 pm »
made this darkroomspawner,, well something like this, and it dosent produce insane amounts, but enough to hold me for rockets just by checking inn on it from time to time.. damn slime that spawns sometimes cluggs the killermecanism i have at bedrock. it needs alot fixing to work better, mabe make it even higher than just to the surface will give more spawns,.. duno.

Brianetta

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 04:41:44 pm »
Spawn rates are lower than vanilla on Dogcraft.

GentlemanGnu

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 10:38:46 am »
My Creeper farm, on a similar style, works fine on survival 2.  Many Stacks of fireworks have been created for Newyears from its output.

Its a matter of being close enough, but not too close.  keeping the area around it spawn free.

that and i'm living on a large mooshroom island and they are the ONLY mobs allowed to spawn.

legowar1508

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 02:10:27 pm »
A creeper farm was going to be my next project. I was told you can accomplish it my placing trap doors on the roofs of the platforms. does this work?

OldmanLP85

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 04:54:21 am »
In a way, yes.  The creepers' hitbox is small enough to fit under the trapdoor.  but so are spiders  so you need to account for that, unless you want a dual creeper string farm.