Author Topic: City of Havana  (Read 8786 times)

mathijs.van-der-molen

Re: City of Havana
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 10:47:59 am »
I'd love to hear people's ideas for expanding the city, of course we have some good ideas of facilities missing from our city, but we can always have more ideas, especially from new players!

And while you're here, please check out our building parameters, it might help with your building ideas in havana

Brianetta

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 11:04:56 am »
I'd like to welcome all the new visitors to our city!

Welcome, stay a while. Or, use it as a starting point for expeditions further into the word. Make use of the facilities while you're here - grab a baked potato and a newspaper.

If you're thinking of moving into the city, please make sure you've made yourself familiar with the general building style, and say hello to one of the mayors. The city is a collaborative project, and while anybody is welcome to come and build, we'd like them first to talk about what they're building and where.

Also, we'd love to hear your feedback, even if you're not planning to stay. What do you love about Havana? What sucks? We know the place really really well, which can sometimes make it hard to tell what's not obvious to new visitors.

gamerluuk

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 05:54:41 pm »
One of the best builds i have ever seen that isn't Tango's season 5 base or made by Jeracraft.

_edo

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 12:41:07 am »
I've added a long overdue update of the Map of Havana to the Original Post:

view large
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:52:33 pm by _edo »

Arkhangellsk

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 09:58:46 pm »
Also, we'd love to hear your feedback, even if you're not planning to stay. What do you love about Havana? What sucks? We know the place really really well, which can sometimes make it hard to tell what's not obvious to new visitors.

First off I love Havana (oo na na)
I love how sunny and bright it is, the palms and the palette give a nice warm beach feel. I remember when I saw it for the first time I was amazed at the scope of the city and how alive it feels.

I think my only criticism of the city is that it is so well built that it is intimidating as a new to the server player- Id love to be a part of the Havana community but I don't yet feel confident I could properly build in it!

In the mean time I am happy to work on my own base and I visit town often. One of my longer term goals is to design a cool house thatd fit well in the city.

Aeghu

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 11:33:34 am »
When toying with the idea to build a house in Havana, but you feel like your building might not be up to par, don't hesitate to just start in creative and ask for advise on detailing and improvements.
There's a lot of people willing to help out with the creative process. A lot of builds in Havana have had a lot of going back and forth on ways to improve it before they were build in survival.
I think just building and then asking what others would do can help develop and improve on a build-style massively.

Main things to keep in mind for Havana:
- Bright and colorful
- Dense urban enviroment (which means you can usually get away with 2 straight, bare walls as the house will probably get sandwiched between other houses  ;) )

Marbou9

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 03:14:06 pm »
The Havana Post Office is now open for business! You can find it at -1900 // 4220 in the Survival 2 world. Everyone can reserve a postbox for items for free, and leave other people with boxes items. Please read the instructions on signs before using the post office, so it all goes well!