Author Topic: Survival Railway Network  (Read 23168 times)

ardentcrestmc

Re: Survival Railway Network
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2017, 11:51:58 pm »
How about bytecart, with this plugin everyone can have his or her own station :)

_edo

« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2017, 03:43:09 pm »
How about bytecart, with this plugin everyone can have his or her own station :)

Hey ardentcrestmc, I'm not expecting any such plugins to come to this server. To be clear, we from the SRN Team are really not the ones deciding on such matters (we're 'just' a bottoms up team of regular players). But apart from that, I kinda like my mc vanilla so I also wouldn't be that much of a proponent for such plugins. If Mojang would add some more luxurious trains systems into mc it'd be cool though.

Anyways, basic vanilla mine carts is what we're working with.

See you in game and take care!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:50:56 pm by _edo »

Laddybuck

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2017, 09:17:13 pm »
Wandering update! I've continued surveying the rails, returning abandoned carts and the like. Last I checked there's a band of horsemen near the North line to Mesa Station–just fair warning. Donated a few stacks of spruce logs as well.

Settling down in the new Wanigoora settlement, planning to work on its station (An offshoot of the East line). Are there any special considerations to take into account or will I be fine if I keep to the style guide linked on this thread? Thanks in advance.

Brianetta

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
At the moment, the Wanigoora line is a private branch line, so it's up to you and the rest of the people who will be building it and using it, how it's done.

Aeghu

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:01 am »
If you want to keep it in the style of the SRN you can take a look at the first post in this thread. It has some links to images of the designs that have been used in the SRN so far.
But since it's a private line you are free to come up with new designs of your own that might reflect the character of your town.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2017, 06:58:10 pm »
Long time since I've posted here! I own the Wanigoora line and station, and it's basically finished except the platforms. Also linked up the Nether access (cuts through some random person's nether base). But add some ceiling decor to Wanigoora Station if you like.

-OPwrecker :)

Aeghu

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »
Ah, yeah... Updates.
I've been working on Swamp Station, the most eastern station at this point in time. The swamp tree, housing the nether portal and an elytra platform is nearing completion.
The station still needs an official entrance, so atm there are temporary stairs.
Suggestions are always welcome, so feel free to send a mail or message me when I'm online.

LucianX09

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2017, 04:29:34 pm »
Long time since I've posted here! I own the Wanigoora line and station, and it's basically finished except the platforms. Also linked up the Nether access (cuts through some random person's nether base). But add some ceiling decor to Wanigoora Station if you like.

Whats the coords for the station? I'd like to go check it out!

Skelleton123

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2017, 04:36:38 pm »

Whats the coords for the station? I'd like to go check it out!

Halfway between spawn and east station. Just ride the rails. It's fun!

LucianX09

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2017, 04:41:41 pm »
I'll give that a try :D thanks

firsty.blocker

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2017, 06:16:37 pm »
If you insist...the coords are 1536/74/371, between Spawn and East. If you're flying with an elytra and follow East line, you can't miss it. It has a giant stone mob grinder

LucianX09

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2017, 01:44:31 am »
Thanks I'll go check it out tonight.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2017, 01:05:23 pm »
When 36 hours pass and no reply...
Oh no did he not like it??
Lol

firsty.blocker

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2017, 02:49:27 am »
Finished Wanigoora Station and Junction, but server/client lag doesn't let the minecart stop where it's supposed to :(. Wanigoora Station doesn't use the standard platform because it's not official. Exit 1 leads to the mall, and Exit 2 leads to my (OPwrecker) house.

William

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2017, 07:21:41 pm »
Hey all,
I was recently mapping out the Dogcraft Server for a project of mine, but I thought that it may be useful to use my mapping for that with the SRN/NTN. Essentially, my goal was to use old dynmap screenshots and in-game maps to produce a simplified basic biome map of a large region of Dogcraft. I am still working on that, but what I came up with so far I think could solve a small issue with the current SRN/NTN map; the outdated dynmap background. The image currently used for the backdrop of the SRN/NTN is from mid-late 2016 back when the dynmap functioned correctly (which was later removed entirely) as far as I am aware, and I would like to propose my version of the map:

As you can see, the map offers a simple biome-based view of the overworld, albeit without distinctions between forests, mountains and plains; I simply do not believe it is necessary to include that as they are all common biomes and that would create heavy amounts of noise on the map.

I added the keys here. I did not add the rails as that is a difficult task (and I don't need to as the adobe illustrator file could probobally easily be layered on top (the spawn jungle island is marked in dark green just left of the center of the map.) In fact, I used the dynmap as a base for the scale of this map, so theoretically the image could be swapped out with ease.
But yeah, what do you think? :p

-William
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:40:14 pm by William »