Author Topic: Five Years of Dogcraft  (Read 4739 times)

LilWolfie

Five Years of Dogcraft
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:31:30 pm »
Although it's not known if July 15, 2012 is the actual day that Dogcraft went live, it was shortly after that Ren first mentioned his fan community in his survival world.
Whether you've been on Dogcraft for five years or five days, I want to know what your favorite memories are. Post them here, from server to old dogcraft chat to discord stories. I want to hear them.

Competition is closed, but please still leave your memories!
I will randomly select 5 to win a small prize (DCDs). Only one entry per username; multiple posters will be disqualified.

Edit to add: I'm letting this run for a couple of weeks to give people a chance to post.

LilWolfie
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:08:06 pm by LilWolfie »

ivorysnape

Re: Five Years of Dogcraft - A chance to win DCDs
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 11:35:45 pm »
my fav memory was when i first met mattigins on the 1.7 world was working on my base trying to build a wall and for some odd reason blocks would not place in this one area then all a sudden random spiderman heads started popping up all over my wall.
this was the first encounter of the troll king himself i still laugh to this day about it.

Medaboss88

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:15:42 am »
My favorite memory was when nho fought viva la revolution. It was 6 people vs 1. There was withers bosses everywhere attacking you people eating notch apples, dogs attacking you, and people dying and fighting.

dragnrider70

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 02:58:10 am »
I've only been playing for 10 days but I already have a couple of favorite memories. the first was when FalseConsistency helped me find a winter biome near her, and the second was when Jpet gave me 3 diamonds and an enchanted-diamond helmet and pair of boots (might've had something to do with the fact that I bought some stuff from his chest-shops). I've only been on for 10 days but I love the kind-hearted community we have on this server, and I can't wait for the chance to help somebody else.

spa_rks

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 05:56:48 pm »
Although I've not been a cyberdog for very long, my favourite memory on the server so far has to be when _edo visited my base and gave his "blessing" / "permission"
for me to join my small village onto the SRN at Dressrosa station. We had a lengthy chat about designs for track, tunnel and station. 

Skelleton123

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:25:02 pm »
My favorite memory up till now was meeting _edo and him recognizing my work at Taiga bay station. It was fun to make a friend that early after joining the server!

Michel Pronk

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:20:41 am »
my fav moment was my base tour with ren i was a sick and be nervous as can be

_edo

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 12:35:48 pm »
So many nice memories. Here are some of my fondest ones:

Ceremonial inauguration of Grannydog's monument by Rendog (he's up there somewhere). This was on the memorable May 21st, 2016, when The End was also opened for all players. We all conquered the Dragon together! 50+ players craziness.

The first Elytra Race to Lackria, organised by William27528, sponsored by the SRN, on September 4th, 2016. Departure from the Hot Air Balloon at Mesa Station. It was a fun day; many players, fireworks, music, race, shenanigans.

During one of the few live stream sessions of Ren in Stream Town I wound up with some ladies in a bath tub... one does not simply forget those moments (this was on may 11th, 2016).

Just a cozy boat ride with Bun in the amplified world. Feeling like Absolute Beginners (bowie) ... (on November 13th, 2016)

And most recently, when last april I came back to the server after a four months hiatus, to find the SRN/NTN in a healthy condition and expanding! Run by darparniox and an active team of Brianetta, OP, Aeghu, Skelly, Fred, dmg, RAD and more. That was really heartwarming.

I'm sure we're soon gonna make many more memorable moments in the new 1.12 world!

PS: Here are some more images of my sweet cyberdog memories, mostly from 2016.

Wildfirev

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:47:00 pm »
Still being a fairly new Cyberdog, I have to say one of my favourite memories of my time on the server so far, was when Tyrage brought his beacon over to my just started base area and helped me find and dig out the first slime chunk I found.  After that, it was dying when I was showing off my barely started base to Ren. That still makes me laugh when I think about it. ^^

domasleo159

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 10:49:48 pm »
My favorite memory was when I attacked Ren in a UHC.  He kinda freaked out because I snuck up on him while he was crafting xD.

TerTerFooFoo

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
My favorite memory has to be the day I started up my account. See, my daughter, Navi_Heylisten was excited about getting me to play Minecraft. I had never played before. So for Christmas, she bought me Minecraft. The day after Christmas, we got my account set up, and Navi, my other daughter Tina Sakura (formerly A_I Sparkles), and Clangadin spent the entire day introducing me to the world of Minecraft on the Dogcraft server. It was epic!

QuicksilverFox85

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »
Haven't been playing for too long, but I think my best memory thus far was the Summer Festival this year.  The amount of work that the staff put into those builds was amazing and it was a lot of fun playing around in there.

_edo

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 11:44:08 am »
My favorite memory has to be the day I started up my account. See, my daughter, Navi_Heylisten was excited about getting me to play Minecraft. I had never played before. So for Christmas, she bought me Minecraft. The day after Christmas, we got my account set up, and Navi, my other daughter Tina Sakura (formerly A_I Sparkles), and Clangadin spent the entire day introducing me to the world of Minecraft on the Dogcraft server. It was epic!

Man, that does sound truly totally epic! Count your blessings.

LucianX09

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »
Fav memory so far, and I havn't been here long, was the look on my gf's (Vilyn_Jenkins) face when she was digging straight down and fell into lava and died within the first hour. She usually plays casually in creative. Was a good laugh.

firsty.blocker

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 03:26:55 pm »
Mine was when I finally finished a SRN project, just in time for Something Summer 2017! Still feels like it was yesterday...