You are Here:
So is Rendog's Survival series basically dead at this point?

Author (Read 622 times)

So is Rendog's Survival series basically dead at this point?
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:33:52 AM »

toaks

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 425
  • [View Inventory]
  • Cyberpup
    • View Profile
A while back he asked for input about the series. He said he would be uploading a new video for the series every other day. After about 2 week's, it seems like that went out the window, and now it;s been over a month without a single video. It seems all he is interested in playing now is Hermitcraft and Skyfactory. So will there be anymore Survival episodes or is it just going to end where it's at? Thanks for any info.

Re: So is Rendog's Survival series basically dead at this point?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:43:26 AM »

warpedmatrix

• VIP Cyberdog
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 643,775
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
This seems to be kind of common for Ren. Occasionally over the years he begins other projects or series and they overshadow "Lets Play Survival", but he always seems to come back to it. Playing "devils advocate" a little, I can fully understand the struggle to keep the series going and interesting when you have played on the same minecraft world for 5-6 years. That has to be difficult. Keep the faith, Ren will come back around, he cares about us, the viewers, and in my opinion, works quite hard to keep us happy. Just my two cents

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 04:58:55 AM »

Mattigins

• Administrator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 1,793,128
  • [View Inventory]
  • oo Purpley!
    • View Profile
I believe the survival series is a series he goes to when he has nothing else to upload. With the abundance of other projects he has lately, he has plenty to upload to keep us happy.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »

TerTerFooFoo

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 125,443
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
I'm excitedly waiting for his next survival video. He did a base tour with Navi (and a couple of other people) and I am very curios to hear/see his thoughts on her work.

#proudmommamoment

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »

jjminedogs

• VIP Cyberdog
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 4,169,350
  • [View Inventory]
  • Super Noob
    • View Profile
The survival series is what got me started on the server and lead me to become a Patreon. Its sad that it has become a filler video.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »

NebulaPond

• Cyberdog Server Moderator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 34,537
  • [View Inventory]
  • Ren's Server and Twitch Mod and V.I.P Cyberdog
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Survival is on hiatus.

Ren has stated previously that he is currently prioritising Hermitcraft, and that survival is on a break so that he can focus on making his Hermitcraft videos frequently and too a good quality.

The only issue is that Ren will most likely be a part of future Hermitcraft series, so he may not be able to find time to dedicate to Survival anytime soon.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 10:32:43 PM »

Alexcat03

how dare you think that D:

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 10:56:36 PM »

2lesslives

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 1,415
  • [View Inventory]
  • My Birthday: 11/09 (UK) 09/11 (USA) :)
    • View Profile
I was thinking pretty much the samae thing too, I was more thinking though "Why the hell is all he uploads now just HermitCraft and HermitPack, what ever happened to Survival and Base Tours?" It's kinda annoying I think, as a viewer I would much rather a veriety of MineCraft content than just HermitCraft and HermitPack, I think we should tell Ren this, because I'm not really enjoying his "Hermit" content when its all he makes, its a good point to mention Toaks, thank you :)

~ 2less :)
As the great Siddhārtha Gautama said:
There is always Suffering, there is no such thing as a permenant self.
So, do what you can while you have the time to; life is short and you will run out of time eventually.

~ 2less :)

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »

Kiluachoun

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 19,095
  • [View Inventory]
  • Be happy
    • View Profile
I honestly prefer his hermitcraft series then the survival. Don't get mad at me, just my opinion.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 03:06:53 AM »

Wizard76

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 21,839
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
    • Wizards World Gaming
Sure a lot of us miss his survival series. There are some things to consider though. He has played on that world for a long time, years even. I think its like 5 years old? You can only do so much to one world save. Also, if he forced himself to play on it and the feeling just wasnt there, he would burn out and we could tell in the videos. Its ok, we all need to get away from somethings once in a while. If and when he gets the urge or excitement back in his survival world, then we will see him return to it. To be honest though, I like seeing new and interesting things. Speaking for myself, I much rather prefer when he plays modpacks like Hermitcraft and Sky Factory. I got to the point where vanilla Minecraft was almost painful to play, because I tried to record way too much of it for my viewers and didnt enjoy it, began to resent Minecraft in general, and its still hard for me to get involved with and play for long.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

MasterMind

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 142,263
  • [View Inventory]
  • Minecraft texturer, a nobody!
    • View Profile
The survival series is what got everything started to be honest. Dogcraft probably would not have kicked off. The server would not have been a thing. And yes since he started Hermitcraft it does seem like it's a video for when he has nothing else to upload or do. Which I think is affecting too many people because for some that is what they watched Rendog fir. Like me. I only watched survival videos that he posted. I've never watched a full episode of his Hermitcraft series, his sky factory at all. That series brought me to this site, to knowing everyone. I was almost here for 4 years coming next month. But I faded away from it just like that survival series. But I moved on for different reasons.

But yeah, survival series I would love to  see uploaded a little bit more. But who knows eh?

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »

LilWolfie

• Head Moderator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 17,725
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Ren addressed this in his stream last night. His vanilla world is a very emotional place for him. Just leaving is a possibility, but would be as difficult for him as it would be for us; more difficult, I bet.  He gave a variety of options last night and the following strawpoll came of it.

Please take the time to vote on it: http://www.strawpoll.me/12360351/ I can guarantee that Ren is carefully watching it.

I'm going to do my best to explain each option as Ren did (go back and watch the stream replay for a better analysis)

1) Change to Vanilla Texture Pack - This option is for Ren to continue his MC world but cease using the John Smith Legacy texture pack. Texture packs aren't what they used to be. As vanilla expands more and more and Mojang edits textures, TP/RPs have become less prevalent. I'm sure a million of you will tell me how wrong I am, but a lot of YTers dont' use them anymore. Iskall told Ren that when they were first looking at him for KingdomCraft, Iskall saw that Ren used JSL and closed the video immediatley; he thought that it signified that Ren was an amature and was using the TP as a way to wow the audience rather than being a good builder.

2) Change to another MC series - Start up a new world in vanilla MC (also w/ no texture pack). Ren uploaded his first video in the current vanilla series on April 23, 2012 (Side note: Watch "Unlucky cows, Rainforests and Mole Holes!" Here!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvpvin6KdDU&index=1&list=PL2E5FCDE4411B4DC5). That's darn near five years ago. How many YTers have had worlds that long? I'd bet not many successful ones. As much as we love this series, it's very old and there are a LOT of episodes(433 to date, not including footage from #Dogmail episodes). With nearly 60K newer subscribers, there are a lot of viewers that haven't (and won't) go back to watch that long of a series. Ren could gather that audience and begin again in a new MC vanilla world so that those viewers who enjoy the vanilla Hermitcraft can also see what Ren does solo

3) Continue - Pretty self explanatory. Ren should continue to put out episodes of this series, as it is.

4) Just End the Series - Ren should just stop the series as it is; end it on a high note. A lot of us cyberdogs who have been around for a long time joined because of that series, but a very large number of Ren's current followers found him from Hermitcraft. As much as we may love this series, they aren't just videos for him; they are his livelihood. He said it best when he said that he can't spend hours on an episode if people aren't going to watch it. It makes sense-emotionally- but unfortunately it doesn't financially. YouTube is his job. You don't (or shouldn't) spend a ton of time on a project that is just going to lose your company money.

Don't get me wrong, I want the series to go on, too. It is, by far, my favorite. That being said, I also understand that Ren needs to put food on the table and a roof over his head. Also, if you want the series to go on, be sure to watch the episodes, like the series and don't skip the ads. Yeah, they're a nuisance, but ad revenue is real. Use them to refill your beverage or walk around the room so you don't end up with back pain like Ren has <3

Here's the link to the strawpoll again: http://www.strawpoll.me/12360351/

Peace, love, and diamonds,

LilWolfie
Wolfie

iamjamrock/lyz: Wolfie's the crazy parent that everyone secretly wishes they had
Baergo: Thought I smelled Peasants. Wolfie is exempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xCkSdx9hN4

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »

noahdwilke

I was thinking pretty much the samae thing too, I was more thinking though "Why the hell is all he uploads now just HermitCraft and HermitPack, what ever happened to Survival and Base Tours?" It's kinda annoying I think, as a viewer I would much rather a veriety of MineCraft content than just HermitCraft and HermitPack, I think we should tell Ren this, because I'm not really enjoying his "Hermit" content when its all he makes, its a good point to mention Toaks, thank you :)

I totally agree with that!  I love Hermitcraft, but some more variety is needed, and we all miss the survival series!  Evan if it's just one episode a week it would be awesome to have the series back.

Thanks,
domasleo159 (Noah)

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »

TheFreakSound

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 23,907
  • [View Inventory]
  • Youtuber, Modpack creator and Redstoner
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel!
Here's an idea.
Maybe continue the series, but start a new world with only the essential part of the server. i.e. the molemart castle. That way it's a new place with some of the old. I would prefer that he kept the current world, but i understand that it may be tiring to him. If he did end the series, I think that I at the very least the map should be made public, so we can check look through it all and remember the fun we had in the future.
My Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EzDWK6a