Boxle

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 7,010
  • [View Inventory]
  • Professional Imaginator
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Is there a way to change post titles periodically to indicate updates?

I'd like to keep my art thread as just one thread, rather than posting each separate artwork in a new topic. It just seems much cleaner and neater for the forum that way.

To that effect, when I added a new picture to my art thread, I went back to change the latter half of my thread title to reflect the update... only to realise that I couldn't? Is there any way a permission could be set or this feature implemented?

For example, say I posted a new artwork to page 2 of my thread. I'd change the title to "Boxle's Art Thread | New art pg 2" so people know when there's new art for them to view.

If not, I understand. I just thought it'd be nice to be able to let people know when there's actually something new to see without needing to check through comments (as I'm a pretty chatty person haha!)

Re: A way to change post titles?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »

PumpkinNinja72

• VIP Cyberdog
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 3,649,805
  • [View Inventory]
  • Miss "Have to be Perfect" Sandy
    • View Profile
    • SandruxCrochet FB
http://dogcraft.net/index.php/topic,6381.0.html

I did indeed remove it. People kept changing it to stupid titles for each reply they made which made the front page recent posts look like a bunch of different topics etc.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »

Boxle

Staircases
    Bricks

• [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Yes, I did read that thread. It was for replies specifically. I'm not talking about replies, though. I'm talking about thread titles (as in the title of the whole thread, not the replies therein). Thank you for trying to help, though this is a separate question :)

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »

Ivory

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 43,374
  • [View Inventory]
  • twitch Mod/Slime Queen/Crazy Mc Gamer
    • View Profile
so you are wanting only the post owner to be able to change the title when ever they want ?
-sqush sqush- i am the slime queen -sqush sqush-

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »

Boxle

Staircases
    Bricks

• [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
The thread owner. I'd want to be able to do the following:

Original Thread Title: Boxle's Art Thread | The first of many?

When I add more art I want to be able to change just the main thread title like this: Boxle's Art Thread | New Art on pg 2! (6/2/17)

So that people know a) where the new art is and b) when I updated it with the art. This means that people will know when I add new things to the end of the thread that isn't just general replies. Basically, this stops them having to traipse through pages and pages of comments/replies to find if I've posted anything new. Or in fact, not bother looking there because they think I've only posted one piece of art in that thread.