Author (Read 371 times)

Ancient Legends of Minecraftia
« on: December 02, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »

BraynCel

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 467,414
  • [View Inventory]
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade!
    • View Profile
This is going to be a series of short-stories that create an equivalent to Ancient Greek mythology for Minecraft.
These stories are set before the "birth" of the canon Endergods and are mainly here to tie into my current build project on Ren's server (although the myth that links the two will be in a later post).

So here's the first myth:
The Creation of Notch

Long before the birth of humanity, there was the Void. An endless sea of nothing. Except, within the void there existed an entity. This entity knew not of its origins. Maybe it had always been there. Maybe some great accident had cast it adrift in the Void. This being named itself Notch, giving voice to the first word in creation.
Notch looked around himself seemingly for the first time and realized that there was only the Void. With this realization, Notch's mind started to create. Whether the creation was an accident or part of a great plan, only Notch himself knew. From Notch's imagination came the universe. First came the Sun, and its opposite the Moon. Next came the elements of Earth and Air, followed by Fire and Water. Finally, Notch planted the seeds of what would become Life and with it the potential for Death.
Notch looked around and saw that his creation was taking shape, but he knew that he could do no more and that it would be up to other beings to finish the job. The creator envisioned eight beings in his mind. First came Akhen, the Lord of the Sun, followed by his sister, Nok, Queen of the Moon. Next were the guardians of the four elements Terar, god of the Earth; Nuht, goddess of Air; Agui, goddess of water, and Ignas, god of Fire. Finally came the twins Sylvane, goddess of Life, and Herobrine, god of Death.
With his creation completed, Notch retreated beyond the Heavens, leaving his children to care for the world he had created.
I am BraynCel, I play Minecraft and Warhammer, among other things.

Any Criticism is Welcome

My Blog:
https://brayncelwarhammer.wordpress.com

Re: Ancient Legends of Minecraftia
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:00:49 PM »

MeriagrinBrandytook

• VIP Cyberdog
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 151,105
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Fantastic start  :) I can't wait to continue reading!
AKA "Leathers", "Leathers22000", "Nessa Ancalime", "ZaranthandTai" and "Ned".

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 11:52:00 PM »

BraynCel

Staircases
    Bricks

• [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Thanks

Here's the second "myth":
The Children of Sylvane

After Notch retreated beyond the Heavens, leaving his children to protect his creation, a rift formed between the Endergods. Sylvane wanted to advance the evolution of the living beings that Notch created beyond what they were. She insisted that Notch had not only left them to protect the world, but also to shape it and make it better. Akhen argued against this, stating that to meddle with the Creation was to to betray the Creator.The other gods would not involve themselves in the dispute, leaving Sylvane and Akhen to argue with each other.
Eventually, Sylvane became frustrated with the ceaseless argument and decided that she would just do what she felt was right.
Sylvane took the organisms created by Notch, and empowered them, giving them greater forms. First, she created plants and trees. Next came pigs, cows, sheep, and all the beings that became known as passive mobs.
Finally, Sylvane created the beings that would become known as humans. She decided that, just as Notch had entrusted her and her siblings to protect and shape His creation, humans would do the same for her. They would be stronger than any other being. They would be intelligent enough to build and create. And they would have the wisdom to know right from wrong.
Her work finished, Sylvane returned to the Heavens to see how her creations would affect the Creation.
When Akhen discovered what his younger sister had done, he was enraged. He made the sun shine brighter and hotter than it had, or will, ever shine. He burned the land, much to the delight of Ignas. But his anger had an unexpected effect. The other gods, were angered at the destruction he caused. In punishing Sylvane and trying to destroy her creations, he had boiled the water, cracked the earth, burned the air, shone through the night, and killed many.
With only Ignas taking his side, Akhen had no choice but cease his destruction. Now he realised that Sylvane had been right, the Creation needed more than protection, it needed growth and guidance. With that he decreed that the humans would be split into clans, each devoted to one of the gods.

Any Criticism is Welcome

My Blog:

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 01:24:43 AM »

Shadixx

• VIP Cyberdog
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 5,621
  • [View Inventory]
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nFDK4vi7dRXNIHa
    • View Profile
    • ShadyYT

Me neither :)
Been a Cyberdog for years now, and I've only just made an account here. I look forward to getting to know the community.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

TheRealKid2369

Love the story! It feels like a true novel!
Baby it's cold outside!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »

BraynCel

Staircases
    Bricks

• [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Thanks to everyone who is enjoying these linked short stories.

Here's the next one:
The Great Tribes

Akhen's decree had divided humanity. Each clan had been given patron deity that had blessed their people. The blessings of the gods gave each clan a different outlook and culture. The tribe known as the Sol, who had been blessed by Akhen, became a proud and strong nation, building large cities in the desert. Their priests, known as Clerics, became famous for their crusading nature and skill at defeating the demons of the Nether. The Cyndar became vicious raiders, whose destructive rage matched that of Ignas. The Grayven, who were patroned by the god of death, became famous for the funeral rites performed by their Wardens. Of the tribes, the most successful were the Dryaiden, also known as the Evergreen, or the Children of Sylvane, were given wisdom and knowledge far surpassing that of the other tribes by the goddess. Despite this they lived a humble lifestyle, building a small village with a shrine to Sylvane at it's centre. It was the Dryaiden who kept the peace between the tribes, trading knowledge and resources between everyone from the earthen monks of the Terari, to the air nomads of the Kaze. However, it was for their healers and artisans that the Dryaiden were famed. It was a Dryaiden smith who first discovered how to shape diamonds into armour and tools, and the Dryaiden Druids were the first to learn how natural materials could be combined with water to create potions and poisons. With this knowledge, the Dryaiden brought the tribes together in a mutual peace.
It was not to last, however...

Any Criticism is Welcome

My Blog:

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 01:29:39 AM »

Scooberson

• Cyberdog Server Moderator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 160,094
  • [View Inventory]
  • The Insane Dog Witch
    • View Profile
Nice work bryan, I look forward to what you give us next :D

~Scoobs
A dog witch's job is never done. It is entirely important that I maintain the most intense focus when I brew my potions. If I don't then the result will b-OHH A SQUIRREL!!!