You are Here:
Approximately one hour after restarting the server

Author (Read 1241 times)

Approximately one hour after restarting the server
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:30:00 AM »

Ravenskyhawk

So for those of us on the server around restart time, we've noticed the server going down about an hour or less after the official restart. I'm not certain the cause, as we are generally not told the issue. Where this is becoming more consistent I did want to say something and ask is there something that we can do to reduce or eliminate the server going down?

Re: Approximately one hour after restarting the server
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 03:12:00 AM »

KazYagami

• Global Moderator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 289,447
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Does the server restart at the time its supposed to and then it goes down an hour after or does the server go down an hour after the restart is supposed to happen?

~Kaz

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 05:36:39 AM »

Ravenskyhawk

The server does the restart and comes back appropriately. After playing about an hour the server crashes for anywhere from a few minutes to half an hour before returning. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to its return only that the crash takes place after reboot is complete.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 10:28:24 AM »

TheFreakSound

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 23,907
  • [View Inventory]
  • Youtuber, Modpack creator and Redstoner
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel!
It almost sounds like it's restarting again. :{
I've heard of other accounts of things like this happening, so it may be a bug with 1.10, or it may be a bug with one of the plugins (most likely the one that restarts the server).
Don't know if that helps.
My Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EzDWK6a

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 11:44:32 AM »

Bigedley

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 170,098
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Does the server restart at the time its supposed to and then it goes down an hour after or does the server go down an hour after the restart is supposed to happen?

~Kaz

Kaz, it restarts on time at 8pm EST for me then crashes anywhere between 8:30 and 8:45 pm EST usually for a few minutes but some times longer. Its becoming much more frequent.
I'm not addicted to minecraft... I can quit whenever I want... But no one likes a quitter... :p

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:49:21 PM »

StaircaseClimber

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 787,196
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
There is currently an issue where the server console is an hour behind the actual time it currently is, due to summer time kicking in a while ago for most of the world.

Matti has set the real restart to happen as expected at midnight BST. But the server console still thinks a restart is happening an hour later at 1am. Some of the messages pop up (i believe the countdown timer?)

So potentially this may be part of the issue.

I am aware Matti has also been working on the reboot script so there may be a bug in this code somewhere.

Either way i'll make sure matti sees this ;)

Thanks!

SCC
You don't have to see the whole staircase: just take the first step.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »

Bigedley

Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 170,098
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
There is currently an issue where the server console is an hour behind the actual time it currently is, due to summer time kicking in a while ago for most of the world.

Matti has set the real restart to happen as expected at midnight BST. But the server console still thinks a restart is happening an hour later at 1am. Some of the messages pop up (i believe the countdown timer?)

The restart and the timer are in sync now Kay, We get the 5 minute broadcast then the timer and it restarts perfectly.
I'm not addicted to minecraft... I can quit whenever I want... But no one likes a quitter... :p

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 12:46:10 AM »

CyberDogSinceS1E51

Today, the server restarted at midnight BST, and then around 1:30 AM BST it shut off again.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 12:49:17 AM »

Bunderella

• Cyberdog Server Moderator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 367,263
  • [View Inventory]
  • I'm not crazy... I promise!
    • View Profile
I too have noticed that for about and hour to hour and a half after the server restart the server is extremely unstable and prone to booting me from the server, sometimes it lets me back on immediately, however there are times it takes almost an hour before the server allows access. I have checked my internet during these times as well and everything is working as should be on my end.
I am glad to hear that our fantastic admin and mod team is on top of the issue and working on a solution! Thanks guys!

-Bunderella
-Bunderella

-Stay Crispy My Loves-

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »

Shadixx

• VIP Cyberdog
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 5,621
  • [View Inventory]
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7nFDK4vi7dRXNIHa
    • View Profile
    • ShadyYT
I believe Mattigins is fixing and relocating some things on the server. I hope he will put a post out when everything is back to normal.
Been a Cyberdog for years now, and I've only just made an account here. I look forward to getting to know the community.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 01:15:27 AM »

LilWolfie

• Head Moderator
    Staircases
    Bricks

• Dogcraft Dollars: 17,725
  • [View Inventory]
    • View Profile
Shadix,
Please look at the previous timestamps before replaying. This topic is several months old.
Wolfie

iamjamrock/lyz: Wolfie's the crazy parent that everyone secretly wishes they had
Baergo: Thought I smelled Peasants. Wolfie is exempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xCkSdx9hN4